- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed cheese (we use cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese, feta, chèvre, and sour cream.)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Mix flour and salt in a medium bowl, and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Beat 1 egg and stir in the yogurt, then add to the flour mixture. Form into a ball and chill for 1 hour.
- Grate the cheeses coarsely, beat in the other egg, and stir it into the cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat the over to 350º F. Grease a large baking sheet. On a floured board roll the dough to a rectangle about 12 * 17 inches. Trim the edges. Spread the cheese mixture on half the dough and then fold the other half over to enclose it, sealing and crimping the edges.
- Transfer the bread to the baking sheet and brush with beaten egg yolk. Bake for 50 minutes, or until browned. The bread is best served slightly warm, cut into small squares.