- 12 oz. small waxy potatoes, cut into ¼"-thick discs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs epazote or cilantro, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1. Place potatoes in a 4-qt. saucepan and cover with water by 1"; bring to a boil over high heat, and cook until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring, until slightly caramelized, about 12 minutes. Add garlic and chiles, and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 minutes. Add potatoes, and cook, stirring, until potatoes are very tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in epazote; season with salt.